Attack of the more-or-less Pinkberry-like “is it really yogurt?” shops:
- Berripop: Planning new locations “along Washington Ave.,” in Sugar Land, and in the Rice Village. Owner David Lee “plans to open at least 20 franchised and company-owned stores throughout Houston, Austin, Dallas and College Station over the next two years.” Already in Uptown Park, across from the Richmond Costco near Greenway Plaza, on Waterway Court in The Woodlands Town Center, in Meyerland Plaza, and in the Town & Country Village Shopping Center.
- Fruituzy: The owners, who also own Fadi’s Mediterranean Grill, are “currently scouting sites for additional locations.” Already 2 locations on Westheimer, each in strip centers near a Fadi’s: one at the corner of Shadowbriar, just west of Kirkwood, and another at Dunvale.
- Tasti D-Lite: New location under construction underground at Milam and Walker Downtown. Local owner Webster Foods “plans to open four to seven Houston locations in the next 12 to 18 months as part of a pilot program.” Already in Highland Village and at the corner of Post Oak and San Felipe.
- Flavors: “Look for additional locations coming soon” — but where? For now, just in Westheimer Plaza, across from Bering Dr.
- Swirll: What are their expansion plans? Already open in the Rice Village, next to Kroger on West Gray, in the Centre at Post Oak shopping center across from the Galleria, and in Sugar Land Town Square.
- BlueBerryHill: Just one store, on West Alabama just west of Kirby, but you knew that already.
Got the scoop on any more yogurt maneuvers? Fill us in!
- Frozen yogurt market heats up again [Houston Business Journal]
Photo of Berripop Uptown Park: Kevin Yu