- CommunityBank of Texas Relocating from Downtown’s 1415 Louisiana Building to Greenway Plaza [Realty News Report]
- City Council OKs New Buc-ee’s at Corner of I-10 and Cane Island Parkway in Katy [Community Impact Newspaper]
- Glitzy Midtown Steakhouse Mr. Peeples Closing March 28, New Concept To Open in Its Place [Culturemap]
- Houston Had the Fourth Worst Traffic in the Country Last Year, According to the Inrix 2015 TrafficScorecard [HBJ]
- Houston’s No Longer the Joke at the Beginning of Every Urban Planning Presentation [The Urban Edge]
- Cycling Advocates Make Case for Increased Use of Electric Bikes in Houston [Houston Public Media]
- Woman Leaves Southmore Street Apartment of 26 Years After It Became Infested with Fleas [KHOU]
Photo of “Personnage et Oiseaux” in front of the Chase Tower: Bill Barfield via Swamplot Flickr Pool
Not just the whole county, but the whole country, too!
Thanks, Gimme! Fixed now!
Why isn’t the “Personnage et Oiseaux” in front of the Chase Tower illuminated at night so passers by can see it? Does anybody know?
That’s a shame. In any other city, such a significant work would be lit up at night.
Re yet another midtown restaurant closing, I live in Montrose and have worked in midtown for 15+ years, and I’ve never heard of most of the restaurants and bars that have closed recently that have been described as “trendy” and “popular”. I guess I need to get out more.
@ArtLover: Have you been to downtown at night? Have you seen any passersby?
GoogleMaster: Seeing as how you state you’ve been working for 15+ years, and I doubt you were a victim of child labor, you’re simply in the wrong demographic to know these places!
@museumgoer: Yes, I’m downtown all the time and it’s becoming quite a happening place. With the addition of all the new restaurants and nightlife on Main and near Market Square Park, not to mention all the theater goers, downtown nightlife has been on the upswing.
Combined with the 18+ residential buildings under construction downtown, there are many a passerby. . .
Fair enough. I don’t use or have a need for Tinder, either, which I think is the demographic that frequents these places.