- Investor Rockspring Capital Plans Townhouse Community in Spring Branch [HBJ ($)]
- Construction Underway at Grand Parkway and I-10 for Shopping Center Dubbed ‘Katy Asian Town,’ Anchored by H Mart [Houston Public Media]
- High-End River Oaks Restaurant Luigi’s Cucina Italiana Has Closed [HBJ ($)]
- The Local’s Guide to Galveston’s Least-Touristy Beaches, Cheapest Beachfront Views [Houstonia]
- Shepherd Forest Residents Upset City Workers Removed 9 Trees [abc13]
- Attorney Sees Movement in $52M Worth of Stalled Ike Claims [Galveston County Daily News ($)]
- Gulf Fwy. Northbound Between Scarsdale and Fuqua Will Be Closed This Weekend [Houston Public Media]
Photo of the KPRC demo: Russell Hancock via Swamplot Flickr Pool
I used to like H-Mart on Blalock, until I got food poisoning from the ‘fresh’ cut salmon steaks. And it wasn’t your run of the mill funny smelling fish, it was some sort of chemical contamination. The fish looked and smelled great but when I cooked it, some weird foam and liquid came out, yet unwisely I braved on, then the severe leg cramps and dizziness kicked in, and it went downhill from there. I suspect it’s some liquid they inject the fish with to add weight or make it look presentable past it’s prime.
When I was working in Indonesia a few years back, I learned (much to my concern) that they had just been forced to stop spraying their food with insecticides (to keep maggots and flies away) and started to dip them in formaldehyde to keep “that fresh look”. Not sure what you got but be assured it’s not what you think..
Sigh. The first 2 articles I clicked on are subscriber content via HBJ. Getting really tired of this happening, Swamplot.
I go to H-Mart for the veggies and fruit that are not available at a Kroger or HEB. All meat products you should be wary of at these locations. The meat is cut too hastily and they leave bones and other parts in there some times.