So far, 3 categories in the Swamplot Awards for Houston Real Estate have been been opened up for your nominations: Favorite Houston Design Cliché, Best Demolition, and the Swamplot Award for Special Achievement in Traffic. Up next: another brand-new category, specially selected for this year’s competition: the “It’s Alive!” Award.
In a dynamic, ever-changing city, 2 opposing themes dominate: extinction and renewal. What better way to celebrate this little circle of life in Houston than with an award for things that you thought were dead and gone — but that have somehow come back. Here, we hope to recognize Houston’s living dead, its undead, and its back-from-the-dead. What, in this lively city this past year, deserves the “It’s Alive!” Award?
Send us your nominations! As usual, your spin will make the difference between a plain ol’ suggestion and a compelling choice for the award. You’ll find all the rules for the nominating process here.
You have until midnight next Monday, December 10, to suggest nominees for both categories announced today. Dig into the comments section below (or the Swamplot inbox) to submit your choices.
- Announcing the Swamplot Award for Special Achievement in Traffic [Swamplot]
- Second Category in the Swampies: Best Demolition of 2012 [Swamplot]
- First Category: Your Nominations for Favorite Houston Design Cliché, Please [Swamplot]
- The Swamplot Awards for Houston Real Estate 2012: How To Make a Nomination [Swamplot]
- Swamplot Award Nominations 2012 [Swamplot]