Washington Mutual may not be closing all of its home-loan centers nationwide, but it sure is getting out of Houston in a hurry. From the Houston Business Journal this morning:
WaMu intends to close five of six home loan centers in the Houston area, affecting 25 employees, a company spokeswoman said Tuesday.
The six centers are:
- Northline Mall, 4400 North Fwy Suite 300 77022
- Gulfgate Mall, 745 Gulfgate Center Mall 77087
- Little York, 121 Little York 77076
- N. Houston II, 14340 Torrey Chase Blvd. Suite 200 77014
- Sugar Land, 16111 Kensington Dr. 77479
- South Houston, 17225 El Camino Real Suite 110 77058
Which will remain?
WaMu is now out of the subprime loan business entirely.
- WaMu’s mortgage woes prompt office closings, layoffs [Houston Business Journal]