Camp Strake, owned by the Houston arm of the Boy Scouts of America since the 1940s, is now under contract to Johnson Development, responsible for communities like Sienna Plantation in Missouri City and Imperial Sugar Land, to name just a couple. Nevertheless, Johnson Development declined to reveal any plans for the 2,083-acre lake-dotted property along the San Jacinto River and not quite 10 miles north of the new ExxonMobil headquarters. For what it’s worth, Jones Lang LaSalle did market the property to buyers as a master-planned community called Grand Lake Park, a plan for which you can see after the jump.
That shows plenty of commercial frontage along I-45 and Hwy. 336 in Conroe, with trails snaking out from residential area around the 80-acre lake.
- Communities with a unique sense of place. [Johnson Development]
- Grand Lake Park [Jones Lang LaSalle]
- BSA selects Houston-based Johnson Development to purchase Camp Strake [The Montgomery County Courier]
- Boy Scout land under contract to residential developer [Prime Property]
- Previously on Swamplot: No Lumps: A Look at Master-Planned Imperial Sugar Land
Images: Jones Lang LaSalle