Swamplot’s Daily Demolition Report lists buildings that received City of Houston demolition permits the previous weekday.
End of Story, Tommie Vaughn. And a few other houses on a few other streets.
- Tommie Vaughn Motors, 1145 N. Shepherd Dr. 77008
- 1216 N. Durham Dr. 77008
- 1419 Nagle St. 77003 (Eado Skyline Replat; new construction by Legend Homes DBA Princeton Homes)
- 2349 Tangley St. 77005 (Southampton Place Extension; new construction by Citiview Homes)
- 821 Dorothy St. 77007
- 1501 Detering St. 77007
- 5614 Darling St. 77007 (photos)
- 606 E. 24th St. 77008
- 607 E. 23rd St. 77008
- 215 Parkview St. 77009 (Highland; garage)
- 7708 Avenue L 77012
- 2102 Cheshire Ln. 77018 (Oak Forest; photos)
- East Orange AME, 1511 1/2 Tralle St. 77020 (Greens)
- 4126 Levonshire Dr. 77025 (Woodshire)
- 3452 Meadow Lake Ln. 77027 (River Oaks)
- 1402 Story St. 77055 (photos)
- 7721 Bellewood Dr. 77055 (Bellwood)
- 8205 Montridge Dr. 77055 (photos)
- 4403 Breakwood Dr. 77096 (Willow Meadows; photos)
Photo of 3452 Meadow Lake Ln.: HAR
Not at all the end of the story for Tommie Vaughn Ford. They have just built a new showroom, undoubtedly at considerable expense. They are probably clearing off the old one.
I’m sure this has been asked before, but where do the torn out features go? Is there a resale shop for this stuff? Most of these teardowns have nicer interiors than my house.
Carol: For apt buildings, they’ll normally hire a company that clears it out. For homes, they’ll likely just smash as “liability” is too big an issue to bother letting someone take it out. I’ve seen companies that’ll “reclaim” some of the stuff but they charge to do so.
It’s really an F’d up system. I blame the lawyers. Otherwise it would be nice to leave the door open and a big sign that says “Free shit, come take whatever you want”. Save on demo/landfill.
When they smashed our Winlow Place duplex they never bothered removing the two year old appliances… stove/fridge/hot water heaters/AC all smashed by the backhoe. Would have took it all with me had I known. UL total d-bags.
Cody, if you happen to read this, if someone goes to the site on the demo and asks to take stuff, do they usually allow it? I really would like to harvest some white picket fencing, but I wonder if it’s too taboo to ask. :P
coconutbutter: My guess is they’ll say “no” and use “but but… LIABILITY!” as their reason.