Swamplot’s Daily Demolition Report lists buildings that received City of Houston demolition permits the previous weekday.
It’s curtains for the old Theatre Suburbia, as an Oak Forest shopping-center demo fest begins! Here’s a roster of participants this time:
- Resource One Credit Union, 1400 W. 43rd St. 77018 (Oak Forest)
- Robert Miksch Chevron, 1402 W. 43rd St. 77018
- Double A’s Graphics, 1408 W. 43rd St. 77018
- Theatre Suburbia, 1410 W. 43rd St. 77018
- 1412 W. 43rd St. 77018
- 1414 W. 43rd St. 77018
- 43rd TV VCR Repair, 1416 W. 43rd St. 77018
- 1418 W. 43rd St. 77018
- American Costume Gallery, 1420 W. 43rd St. 77018
- J.V. Insurance, 1422 W. 43rd St. 77018
- American Costume Gallery, 1424 W. 43rd St. 77018
- Chair Exchange, 1426 W. 43rd St. 77018
- Buster Diamond Retail & More Store, 8402 Tilgham St. 77029
- 8404 Tilgham St. 77029
- 3125 Trulley St. 77004 (Columbia)
- 1322 Chamboard Ln. 77018 (Oak Forest; new construction by McGregor Custom Homes)
- 516 W. Polk St. 77019
- 14915 Broadgreen Dr. 77079 (Nottingham Forest; garage only)
If anyone has the inside scoop on what the row of commercial addresses being demolished on 43rd will be redeveloped into, I would love to know. Looks to me like it is prime for more of the new beige stucco retail like the Starbucks & Massage Envy strip closer to Ella.
Hi there, I read in the Leader that the strip center you are referring to is supposed to be the new home of Resource One Credit Union. However I called them today and was told that they didn’t know anything about it. I will call again tomorrow to a different number to see what they say.