Swamplot’s Daily Demolition Report lists buildings that received City of Houston demolition permits the previous weekday.
A Memorial-area home is in the last stage of its life cycle:
- 520 Merrill St. 77009 (Marquart)
- 629 Merrill St. 77009 (Willborg)
- 1224 Candlelight Ln. 77018 (Oak Forest; photos; new construction by Branard Park)
- 1320 Althea Dr. 77018 (Oak Forest)
- 1805 Mcduffie St. 77019 (Wilfran Place; photos; new construction by Silvan Homes)
- 12935 Butterfly Ln. 77024 (Memorial Bend; photos; new construction by Kinsmen Homes)
- 1702 1/2 Bland St. 77091 (Highland Heights)
Photos of 1805 McDuffie St.: HAR
Tear downs like that McDuffie house are why we don’t have nice things in Houston.
Dear Woodland Heights:
Your historic district is too small. Please act fast to expand it before the Modern Victorian Farmhouses take over the rest of the neighborhood.