We’d ship these far away, but there just isn’t a box big enough.
Commercial and Community Structures
- McGowen Street Resale Shop, 2206 McGowen St. 77004
- Charles Food Center, 2220 McGowen St. 77004 (photos)
- Apartments, 3815 Gulf Fwy. 77004 (Bldgs. 2, 4, 5, and 6; Harris County Public Infrastructure; photos)
- Fall Harbor, 7706 Hammerly Blvd. 77055
- Clear Lake City High School, 2929 Bay Area Blvd. 77058 (parking and miscellaneous site demo; Clear Creek ISD)
- 307 Middleton St. 77003
- 1215 Edwards St. 77007
- 945 W. 17th St. 77008
- 335 Cinnamon Oak Ln. 77079
- 5102 Hialeah Dr. 77092 (photos)
Photo of 335 Cinnamon Oak Ln.: HAR
So the old fire-damaged Magnolia Glen Apartments on the Gulf Fwy. are on the demo list. At one time, it was announced that the complex would become some sort of halfway house. Any update on current plans for the property?
The Cinnamon Oak house was taken down last week.
Recent Chron article here:
appears to say the buildings will be demo’d and new homeless housing erected. But not all the buildings will be deleted, it looks like, and the Housing Corp web site shows the original front building as the ‘Ed Hatcher Commons’ coming soon (?). Where are the NIMBYs?
Bubba, it’s a shame that house in Cinnamon Oak was torn down. I hope that neighborhood doesn’t lose it’s character.
@Gisgo: Don’t worry about the NIMBY’s. They’ve expressed their opposition to any new housing for the homeless projects in the Near East End (where there are too many already) and are waiting for more recent updates on this one.