Swamplot’s Daily Demolition Report lists buildings that received City of Houston demolition permits the previous weekday.
A few addresses to cross off your list:
- Congo Night Club, 6602 Cullen Blvd. 77021
- 5921 Kansas St. 77007 (photos)
- 821 Bunker Hill Rd. 77024 (Bunker Hill Gardens; photos)
- 3753 Drummond St. 77025 (Braes Heights; more info)
- 4642 Carmen St. 77051
- 510 Shadywood Rd. 77057 (Tanglewood)
- 1015 Briarmead Dr. 77057 (photos)
- 2120 Bartlett St. 77098
Photo of 510 Shadywood Rd.: HAR
You know you are marketing a house as a teardown (Briarmead), when the only shots of it on HAR are of the neighborhood marker, one exterior shot and some of the local pool & playground.
I never realized just how horrifying the original Tanglewood houses really were. How could anyone even stand the site of that Shadywood original?
Tanglewood is a specific source of comedy for my wife and me. Fact is, we see just about as many tear-downs here as any part of town, and the original homes sell $800,000+.
Wild. People are allowed to do what they want, it still baffles.