Swamplot’s Daily Demolition Report lists buildings that received City of Houston demolition permits the previous weekday.
I am turned into a sort of machine for observing houses and grinding out their conclusions.
- 206 Malone St. 77007 (Rice Military; new construction by Eppers & Wakefield)
- 1241 Gardenia Dr. 77018 (Oak Forest; photos)
- 8 Pinehill Ln. 77019 (Tall Timbers)
- 8710 Linkmeadow Ln. 77025 (Linkwood; photos)
- 4126 Falls St. 77026 (Valencia Park)
- 2202 Dryden Rd. 77030 (Southgate; photos)
- 5303 Braesheather Dr. 77096 (Meyerland)
Photo of 2202 Dryden Rd.: Realtor.com
gah! That’s one of my favorite houses/lots in Houston. What a shame.
Hopefully the new construction will be equally remarkable on such a unique site.
Yeh I’d renovate the heck out of that house.
It has central heat and was last updated in 1938!
The Dryden house is deceptively small. 15 feet wide across the entire length of the very long and oddly shaped house. Not particularly functional, nor was in it good shape. We certainly hope what we build will be an improvement!
Season, I hope you put a cupola or Widow’s Walk up top!
Yeah, we loved the house as well, and when they tore it down were sad to see it go. But the great thing was they had charities in salvaging what they could for weeks, and when I talked to the crews they said the window trim had leaked for so long that the frame was beyond repair. Hoping something beautiful goes up there soon! It’s a great lot size for the area so someone will be very fortunate!