Be sure to get your nutrition from all the basic food groups. Try this sample menu:
- 3306 Dixie Dr. 77021
- The Playground, 9130 Galveston Rd. 77034 (stage and canopy)
- Princeton Club Apartments, 14800 Memorial Dr. 77079 (Bldgs. 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 20, 21, 22, and 27; new construction by CityStreet Residential Partners)
- 5607 Kiam St. 77007
- 5611 Kiam St. 77007
- 421 E. 35th St. 77018
- 938 W. 43rd St. 77018 (Garden Oaks)
- 1555 Hewitt Dr. 77018 (Oak Forest; new construction by Venice Custom Homes)
- 3214 Cloverdale St. 77025 (Westridge)
- 2171 Dryden Rd. 77030 (garage and sunroom)
- 6612 W. Montgomery Rd. 77091
Photo of 421 E. 35th St.: HAR
Ugh that makes me sad about 938 W. 43rd. I remember seeing it on the market a while back. It stood out because when they renovated it the previous owners turned it into a 1 bedroom. Not very practical but it could have been undone and added on it.
The pictured house was going for $50K as a teardown on a 5K sf lot. Will McMansions start popping up in Independence Heights? The nabe will eventually succumb due to its nifty mid-loop location between the GOOFballs to the west and presigious Tampico Heights to the east.
@Dana-X : I think that area is several years away from the McMansion invasion. I haven’t been through in a few months but you couldn’t convince me to live there right now.
Yes, Tawnya, surely many folks feel the same way…but there’s usually enough people with a little more risk tolerance during a strong economy to allow redevelopment (townhomes) to creep in. Otherwise, how would the townhome-based redevelopment in EaDo, 3rd Ward, 1st Ward, etc. have ever gotten started? Those were awfully sketchy places too.