Swamplot’s Daily Demolition Report lists buildings that received City of Houston demolition permits the previous weekday.
Fire tests gold, demolition tests brave men.
- Flint Hills Resources, 9822 La Porte Freeway 77017 (Callahan & Vince; other building)
- 3736 Parkwood Dr. 77021 (Riverside Terrace)
- 431 Pinehaven Dr. 77024 (Pine Wood Estates; photos)
- 4522 Bryn Mawr Ln. 77027 (Kettering Oaks; photos)
- 1106 Briar Ridge Dr. 77057 (Briargrove; photos)
- 13314 Butterfly Ln. 77079 (Wilchester; garage only)
Photo of 431 Pinehaven Dr.: HAR
$1.2 mil teardown, when +5000 Sq ft just isn’t big enough?
It was 5000 sq ft, but not nearly pretentious enough.
431 Pinehaven: the Death of PoMo
It is hard to shed tears over the tear down of a PoMo. But I did really like how the house was laid out over the 1/2 acre so that there was lots of green space on both sides of the building and very little of the building fronting the street. I suspect that is going to change in a big way.