Swamplot’s Daily Demolition Report lists buildings that received City of Houston demolition permits the previous weekday.
More rubble for when we come to the end of our usefulness.
Commercial & Community Structures
- 600 Jackson St. 77003 (garage)
- Apartment complex, 1512 Hutchins St. 77003
- Houston Stamp-Stencil Co., 601 Jackson Hill St. 77007
- HP Carter Career Center, 1700 Gregg St. 77020 (HISD)
- Exquisite Barber/Beauty & Boutique, 8666 N. Main St. 77022
- Wes’s Place, 14636 Almeda Rd. 77053
- 4609 Nett St. 77007
- 4613 Nett St. 77007 (Brunner)
- 6126 Abington Way 77008 (Timbergrove Manor; new construction by Unika Homes)
- 4035 W. Main St. 77027 (new construction by Horace Homes)
- 1510 Auline Ln. 77055 (more info)
- 7522 Schiller St. 77055
Photo of 4613 Nett St.: HAR
I guess the family living in the Stamp and Stencil building finally sold out, always thought it was a bit weird seeing kids dressed for school leaving that business..
Jackson Hill is almost completely gentrified, only a few holdouts.. most notably the house next to the Jackson Hill Apartments with the eclectic owner that sells lamps made of machine guns on the street and has probably close to 20 cats that are constantly breeding.