Swamplot’s Daily Demolition Report lists buildings that received City of Houston demolition permits the previous weekday.
A four-pronged assault by DSW Homes starts off the week. And plenty of reinforcements are on their way.
- 2035 Arlington St. 77008
- 1612 Gano St. 77009
- 936 Omar St. 77009
- 8825 Bertwood St. 77016 (North Shadydale; new construction by DSW Homes)
- 4914 Firnat St. 77016 (Buckingham Place; new construction by DSW Homes)
- 9417 Pembrook St. 77016
- 5701 Tautenhahn Rd. 77016 (Woodland Acres)
- 1602 Morse St. 77019
- 4518 Kingsbury St. 77021 (Southern Village; new construction by DSW Homes)
- 2609 King St. 77026 (Huntington Place; new construction by DSW Homes)
- 6709 Limestone St. 77092
- 1741 Lexington St. 77098 (garage only; photos)
Photo of 1612 Gano St.: HAR
Gano was the maiden name of Howard Hughes’ mother. Trivia for the day.
Good to know actually. Do you know what Mckee was named after? Or Quitman?
If I could find my copy of Historic Houston Streets, I could answer that question in a jiffy.
And I don’t have a clue. I don’t even know if Gano St. was named for that family. I only know of the name because of meeting a Hughes family member years ago. It’s French I believe.