Swamplot’s Daily Demolition Report lists buildings that received City of Houston demolition permits the previous weekday.
How can there be fury felt for things that are gone to water.
- L.R. Walker Construction Co., 9232 Ponderosa Ln. 77074 (Country Club Villas; new warehouse construction: A.A. Restaurant Equipment Co.)
- 504 Fargo St. 77006 (Fairview; new construction by On Point Custom Homes: Fargo Avenue Grove)
- 1710 Fulton St. 77009 (A.C. Allen; Houston Eureka Investments)
- 8232 Jennings St. 77017 (Park Place Acre Villa; garage only)
- 318 E. 40th St. 77018 (Independence Heights; new construction by Brunson Builders)
- 1351 Chippendale Rd. 77018 (Oak Forest)
- 1058 Gardenia Dr. 77018 (Garden Oaks; new construction by Bartula Brothers Construction)
- 4206 Buck St. 77020 (Lexington Place)
- 7430 Laredo St. 77020 (Houston Harbor; photo)
- 424 E. 41st St. 77022 (Willadale; Hatteras Homes)
- 5206 Claremont St. 77023 (Lawndale; garage only)
- 1201 Lawson St. 77023 (W.A. Kirby; new construction by Refuge Holdings; photos)
- 3715 Dumbarton St. 77025 (Braes Heights; photos)
- 3006 Stanton St. 77025 (Knollwood Village; new construction by Partners in Building; photo)
- 1114 Sol St. 77029 (Clintonview; garage only)
- 5151 Braesvalley Dr. 77096 (Meyerland; photos)
- 2311 Bartlett St. 77098 (Greenbriar; new construction by Croix Custom Homes; photos)
Photo of 5151 Braesvalley Dr.: HAR
2311 Bartlett St. was flipped only to be torn down? I hope Croix Custom Homes doesn’t build another 2331 North Blvd. That same plan is used several times within a few blocks.
The appliances in Bartlett are brand new. So, when people in River Oaks, West U, etc. tear down a house that has very recently been updated, where do the appliances go? Do builders recycle them? Do they put them up on Craigslist? Seems like there should be some good bargains on high end appliances from these teardowns and remodels.
Old School: Habitat for Humanity is one of several outfits that recovers furnishings and fittings from tear-downs. They were at work near me a few weeks ago.