Swamplot’s Daily Demolition Report lists buildings that received City of Houston demolition permits the previous weekday.
You won’t miss these. Just close your eyes.
- Commercial Resource Installation, 203 Sampson St. 77003
- Royal Viking Fence, 214 York St. 77003
- 520 Knox St. 77007 (Rice Military)
- 507 Northwood St. 77009 (Brooke Smith; garage only; photos)
- 1139 Nadine St. 77009 (Stude; for future remodel only; photos)
- 610 Edgewood St. 77023 (Young Mens; photos)
- 616 Edgewood St. 77023 (Young Mens; photos)
- 214 Faust Ln. 77024 (Memorial Bend; photos)
- 3755 Durness Way 77025 (Braes Heights; new construction by 5177 Builders; photos)
- 6212 Doliver Dr. 77057 (Briargrove; new construction by Briargrove Partners II)
- 12110 Whittington Dr. 77077 (Ashford Village; garage only)
- 515 Ramblewood Rd. 77079 (Yorkshire; photos)
- 9131 W. Montgomery Rd. 77088 (Highland Acre Homes)
- 4835 Imogene St. 77096 (Meyerland; photos)
- 5751 Braesvalley Dr. 77096 (Maplewood North; photos)
Photo of 515 Ramblewood Rd.: HAR
Anyone know what’s planned for that 2nd ward block with 203 Sampson/214 York? I’ve been watching the past few weeks as they’ve slowly demo’ed. Only a couple of old houses left.
I was wondering the same thing and came across this previous DDR from a month or so ago (which I obviously missed at the time).
The buildings torn down were older, architecturally insignificant warehouses, which are in plentiful supply in the East End, so no big loss.
I wonder if this is the work of our “pals” at Lovett, since they own the large lot immediately across York St.