In today’s removals: Hines clears a block in the Museum District, more Westcreek Apartment knock-offs, and an amusing disappearance at Bill’s Trailer Park.
Commercial and Community Structures
- Wilson Industries, 1206 Chapman St. 77002
- Apartments, 5212 Caroline St. 77004 (3 structures; previously on Swamplot)
- Apartments, 5220 Caroline St. 77004 (Bldg. B; previously on Swamplot)
- Lightning Logistics, 10606 Hirsch Rd. 77016 (Bill’s Trailer Park)
- Westcreek at River Oaks Apartments, 2020 Westcreek Ln. 77027 (Bldgs. A and E; previously on Swamplot)
- Church of God of Prophecy, 4610 Sunflower St. 77051
- Mobil Pipeline Company, 4502 Saunders Rd. 77093 (Farrington Place)
- Hines Interests, 1200 Southmore Blvd. 77004
- Hines Interests, 1215 Oakdale St. 77004 (McKay Apartments)
- Hines Interests, 5215 San Jacinto St. 77004
- 711 Marshall St. 77006 (Montrose; garage apartment only; photos)
- 4205 Allen St. 77007
- 24 Tiel Way 77019
- 4904 Park Dr. 77023 (garage apartment only)
- 1529 Ronson Rd. 77055
- 7011 Schiller St. 77055
- 1914 Hollister St. 77080
Photo of 2020 Westcreek Ln., Bldg. A: Loves Swamplot
Writing this from my apartment in Westcreek Building E (Highland Terrace)… There’s going to be a problem if they start bulldozing my bedroom. I think you meant Building C.
@Mike Richardson: Would like to be able to say that was our mistake, but Building E is what the city permit report says.
If you leave your apartment today Mike, you’d better take everything you own with you. Just in case.
Really sad to see Westcreek go. I’m sure the River Oaks Disrtict will be cool, but I have some really good memories of this place. My first serious boyfriend lived there; man was he hot. His old apartment isn’t in this block being ripped down, but I’m sure its days are numbered.
Will have to drive by to see the changes. The old apartment buildings were still standing when I rode my bike by this morning.
I got kicked out of my apartment there over a year and a half ago. I must have been in phase 1. Man I miss the cheap rent…I had a nice 2 bedroom 1000 sqft for 950/mo. Now I’m all grown up with a mortgage at more than double that.
2220 Westcreek Ln (aka Building E, or Highland Terrace), is not being torn down at this time. The city is wrong. Building A and C have had asbestos abatement, building E has not. A and C are where the new office tower is going; E is owned by a residential developer that is not planning to tear it down until 2015.