Swamplot’s Daily Demolition Report lists buildings that received City of Houston demolition permits the previous weekday.
Demolition, it is the key that fits the lock of everybody’s heart.
- Tacos A Go-Go, 2912 White Oak Dr. 77007 (J. Austin; parking garage; previously on Swamplot)
- 214 W. 27th St. 77008 (Houston Heights; photo)
- 3014 Del Monte Dr. 77019 (River Oaks; photos; former Denton Cooley house)
- 3806 Tartan Ln. 77025 (Braes Heights)
- 3810 Tartan Ln. 77025 (Braes Heights)
- 3843 Tartan Ln. 77025 (Braes Heights)
- 5506 Schumacher Ln. 77056 (Larchmont)
- 714 Wax Myrtle Ln. 77079 (Rustling Oaks; new construction by 243 Builders; photos)
- 8475 Gold Creek Dr. 77080 (Langwood)
- 5019 Jackwood St. 77096 (Meyerland)
Photo of 3014 Del Monte Dr.: HAR
The demolition of the Denton Cooley house on Del Monte represents a loss both of fine house and of a distinguished history.