Swamplot’s Daily Demolition Report lists buildings that received City of Houston demolition permits the previous weekday.
A Rising Star falls, and other adventures in building disappearance.
Commercial & Community Structures
- 110 Gray St. 77002
- R&F Antiques, 912 Yale St. 77008
- 4366 Westheimer Rd. 77027
- Maison de Modele, 4376 Westheimer Rd. 77027
- Rising Star Baptist Church, 8205 Darlington Dr. 77028
- Richmond Cummins, 3773 Richmond Ave. 77046 (Riviera Addition)
- Richmond Cummins, 3779 Richmond Ave. 77046 (Rivera Addition)
- Richmond Cummins, 3783 Richmond Ave. 77046
- Richmond Cummins, 3795 Richmond Ave. 77046
- Richmond Cummins, 2619 Westpark Dr. 77098
- 108 Gray St. 77002
- 3412 McIlhenny St. 77004 (garage)
- 1823 Bissonnet St. 77005 (Southampton Place)
- 2241 Wroxton Rd. 77005
- 203 Birdsall St. 77007 (Rice Military; new construction by Tricon Homes)
- 606 W. 28th St. 77008
- 1055 W. 25th St. 77008
- 1303 Tabor St. 77009
- 1506 Northwood St. 77009
- 4519 Sharon St. 77020 (Pinecrest Court; 2 structures)
- 3018 Brackenridge St. 77026
- 5527 Tupper Lake Dr. 77056 (Tanglewood)
- 3512 Dunvale Rd. 77063 (photos)
Photo of 2241 Wroxton Rd.: HAR
I wonder what is signified by ‘Richmond Cummins’? It does not appear to be the network of diesel shops I was expecting.
Shame about the Wroxton Rd house. I wonder how long the owners lived there and if they knew when selling the liklihood of demolition?
Richmond [&] Cummins is the intersection of that strip mall.
@Gisgo. Richmond Cummins = Corner of Richmond Ave. and Cummins St. There will be a new mixed use building there. It will take up the whole block, minus the car wash which will still remain. Retail and restaurants on bottom, a dozen or so stories of office above. Transit corridor standards have been applied to the building, so basically 0′ setback and a nice ped. realm. A vast improvement of what is currently there. The most recent planning commission agenda should give you an idea, it is the Richmond Central subdivision.