The end comes for the former Shamrock Hotel ballroom, now known as the Edwin Hornberger Conference Center. And a few more holdovers:
- Strauss Bldg., 2814 Leek St. 77004
- DeBakey High School, 2151 W. Holcombe Blvd. 77030 (P.W. Rose; previously on Swamplot)
- 7603 Antoine Dr. 77088
- 4309 Stanford St. 77006 (photos)
- 5248 Petty St. 77007 (Cottage Grove; photos)
- 211 W. 24th St. 77008 (Houston Heights; new construction by Jees Custom Homes; photos)
- 1201 Omar St. 77008
- 3002 Hyacinth St. 77009 (Glen Park)
- 1603 Althea Dr. 77018
Photo of 1603 Althea Dr.: HAR
The W 24th transaction puts land values in this previously undesirable section of the Free Heights at $60/s.f.
Anyone know what is up at the corner of Omar and Studewood? Property was sold over the summer. My guess was commercial/retailas one of the members of the LLC is from the commercial real estate world. But that is nothing more than a guess.
Is there any more information about the demo on Antonie? That’s the Inwood Forest Golf Club that was the subject of this post: http://swamplot.com/stuck-in-those-neighborhood-sand-traps/2010-05-10/