Swamplot’s Daily Demolition Report lists buildings that received City of Houston demolition permits the previous weekday.
These six homes will be removed from the equation:
- 612 E. 7th St. 77007 (Houston Heights; photos)
- 1638 Candlelight Ln. 77018 (Oak Forest; photos; new construction by Royal Texan Homes)
- 5402 Nielan St. 77028 (Holleman)
- 2028 Addison Rd. 77030 (Southgate)
- 4630 Dalmatian Dr. 77045 (Westhampton)
- 5734 Willowbend Blvd. 77096 (Parkwest; photos; garage only)
Photos of 612 E. 7th St.: HAR
sold as tear downs for the lot, new construction may be town homes or singly family…but very expensive. as for the heights shack, gingerbread can save an old, out of date house for only so long. anyhow, expect 750k and up town homes, in part because the developer had to pay out 300k for a tear down.
Given the size of the lot, 6.250SF, I’ll be the builder paid over $400K. Moving to the Heights in 1990, we had no idea it would become the ‘in’ location. Taxes are nuts, but we’ll probably hold on since we’re -knock on wood- on high ground.