Swamplot’s Daily Demolition Report lists buildings that received City of Houston demolition permits the previous weekday.
Some light nicks on Houston’s landscape to start out the week.
- Yarico, Inc., 2600 Southwest Freeway 77098 (A.C. Reynolds)
- 1712 Bingham St. 77007 (Baker NSBB; new construction by ROC Homes Texas, Ltd.)
- 2438 Stanmore Dr. 77019 (River Oaks)
- 3703 Tartan Ln. 77025 (Braes Heights)
- 10214 Buffum St. 77051 (Reedwoods)
- 8714 Prichett Dr. 77096 (Meyerland; photos)
Photo of 8714 Prichett Dr.: HAR
Always sad to see a midcentury modern leave us as this one looks in good shape.(and recently updated). A street view reveals it definitely not the first one on the block suffer this fate.
We had a neighborhood full of those modern houses, called Eichler homes. Today they are more valuable than the common ranch style we lived in. Of course we didn’t have “McMansions” surrounding us to make us feel small.