A 28-story long-abandoned see-through Downtown hotel demolished for the views — but: the underground parking will be spared. (Phew!) Also: finishing off the Ella Square Apartments, and no more swimming at Candlelight Trails.
- Houston Project Seven Limited Partnership, 711 Polk St. 77002 (more info)
- Ella Square Apartments, 3011 Ella Blvd. 77018 (3 buildings)
- Chalk’s Truck Parts, 838 McCarty St. 77029 (partial demo of warehouse)
- Candlelight Trails Condominiums, 5675 De Soto St. 77091 (pool)
- 2604 Winbern St. 77004 (Smith Furniture Company)
- 2516 1/2 Riverside Dr. 77004 (Riverside Terrace)
- 220 Latham St. 77011
- 7507 Hemlock St. 77012 (shed; Barklay Place; photos)
- 5134 Lindsay St. 77023 (Lawndale)
- 4212 Aledo St. 77051
- 6513 Couch St. 77091
Photo of 711 Polk St.: CB Richard Ellis
5134 Lindsay has been a vacant lot for at least the past 5 years. What gives?
This is not the first time that the COH permit office has been extremely s-l-o-w in publishing demolitions. The reason why is anybody’s guess. Can’t be because they’re
“overworked and underpaid” can it?
Hopefully, the former Holiday Inn downtown next to the Pierce elevated will be the next to be demolished…..the worst eyesore downtown.
Days inn, but that’s merely semantics.