Swamplot’s Daily Demolition Report lists buildings that received City of Houston demolition permits the previous weekday.
Spiking a Heights tortilla factory — and more neighborhood turnover:
- La Espiga De Oro, 1202 W. 15th St. 77008 (Heights Annex)
- 806 Olive St. 77007 (Frisco; photos)
- 1309 Wichman St. 77007 (Court & Clay; photos; new construction by Savannah Home Builders)
- 307 Briarpark Dr. 77042 (Briargrove Park; photos)
- 1621 Pine Chase Dr. 77055 (Glenmore Forest; photos)
Photo of 1621 Pine Chase Dr.: HAR
When I first read Tortilla Flat, I thought it was great and I went on to read a lot of other Steinbeck works.
I recently took the opportunity to reread the book. It’s well written but awful.