Swamplot’s Daily Demolition Report lists buildings that received City of Houston demolition permits the previous weekday.
Trailers can show themselves out. Homes will be escorted.
- Mc’s Trailer Court, 7716 Telean St. 77075
- 1620 Harold St. 77006 (Mandell Place; new construction by CWF Developers; photos)
- 1063 W. 41st St. 77018 (Garden Oaks; photos)
- 1241 Wakefield Dr. 77018 (Oak Forest)
- 1834 Hewitt Dr. 77018 (Oak Forest; new construction by Cam-4 Enterprises)
- 3215 Aberdeen Way 77025 (Southern Oaks; new construction by David Weekley Homes; photos)
- 8015 Lorrie Dr. 77025 (Knollwood Village; new construction by David Weekley Homes)
- 2803 1/2 Jewel St. 77026
- 8301 Grandview St. 77051 (Sunnyside Place)
- 7 N. Wynden Dr. 77056
- 21 Bucan St. 77076 (Airline Gardens; garage only; photos)
- 400 Regentview Dr. 77079 (Yorkshire; pool)
- 14514 Oak Bend Dr. 77079 (Ashford Forest)
- 5007 Braesvalley Dr. 77096 (Meyerland; photos)
- 5014 Yarwell Dr. 77096 (Meyerland)
- 1832 Colquitt St. 77098 (Montlew Place; photos)
Photo of 1620 Harold St.: HAR
Always hate it when the cute ones are demolished. Lottery tickets not successful yet.
Wow. The builders in GOOF are getting ravenous. That one on 41st was move in ready.
And the one on Harold had the original cabinets in the kitchen and the original tile and sink in the bath. I wish interior designers would make note of the original design aesthetics and try to recreate the deco/craftsman touches instead of slapping down as many marble countertops and oversized appliances as possible. Really tired of the groupthink going on with renovators these days.
Group-think affects buyers, too, who watch too much HGTV and demand from builders the same as what’s installed by Property Brothers, Chip & Jo, Christina & Tarek, etc.