- Photos Show HFD Rescue of Doggie Trapped in Mysterious Animal-Dug Tunnel Under Memorial Home [Robyn Arouty Photography; more info]
- Mathew Knowles Hawks Office Furniture, Beyoncé and Solange Memorabilia at Yard Sale [TMZ]
- Land Being Cleared Now for Texas City Lago Mar Development South of Tanger Outlets West of Gulf Fwy. [Galveston County Daily News ($)]
- Colonel Bubbie’s Strand Surplus Senter Closes Up Shop After 42 Years [Galveston County Daily News]
- Planned Restaurant Foreign Correspondents Redirected to N. Main St. Shopping Center Braun Enterprises Is Renovating [Eater Houston]
- Construction Begins on Hunky Dory and Bernadine’s Restaurants at N. Shepherd Dr. and W. 18th St. [Eater Houston; previously on Swamplot]
- The Roots of Pizzitola’s Bar-B-Cue on N. Shepherd Dr. [Houston Chronicle]
Photo of Texas Medical Center: Russell Hancock via Swamplot Flickr Pool
Way to go HFD!!
Poor little guy. Wonder how he got so stuck. What a surprise the homeowners will have.
Wow, Colonel Bubbies is gone. I can remember going there from when I was 11 and being totally enthralled over and over again with all of the history and being able to touch and feel it. And smelling the must of it. Its closing is such a loss. But it was not for this world. It was too special, too unique, and it was amazing that it ever existed such as it did.
I hope that the building is sold to a worthy successor.
Couldn’t stand to go into Colonel Bubbies since they let all of the cats take over. Smelled like a cat lady’s house.