- Retail Centers Hot in Houston as Prices Jump, Occupancy Hits 10-Year High [Realty News Report]
- Town Centre I Office Building Near Beltway 8 and Katy Fwy. Now 48% Leased After Adding Mercantil Commercebank [Prime Property]
- Grand Central Park Can’t Happen Without New $55M Wastewater Treatment Plant, Says Firm Designing the Plant [HBJ]
- Aldi Opening New Houston-Area Store This Thursday in Alvin at 2373 Texas 35 Bypass South [Prime Property]
- Heights Tex-Mex Spot El Cantina Superior Has Closed, Will Reopen as a Brewpub [Houston Chronicle]
- Pappas Bros. Steakhouse Opening in Former Strip House at 1200 McKinney in Late October [Houston Chronicle; previously on Swamplot]
- The Post Oak School To Break Ground on New Gensler-Designed High School Today Next Door to Current High School [HBJ; previously on Swamplot]
- What Changes May Be in Store for Houston’s Historic Preservation Ordinance? [Houston Matters]
- Demo Work To Begin on Glassell School of Art in Next Few Weeks as Part of MFAH Expansion [Montrose District]
- Testing Out Metro’s Bus Overhaul with a 1-Year-Old in Tow [The Urban Edge]
Photo of the Royalton: elnina via Swamplot Flickr Pool
Who was the brainiac who named the new development in Conroe “Grand Central Park”? Can’t SMG enough…
From checking out all the links on the HMFA article I see that several cafes and a restaurant will be included in the buildings. While I can only imagine the cafes will be coffeehouses, I can only hope the restaurant will be a little better than the current offerings on campus. Guess I will have to wait a few years yet to see what is in store for my neighborhood ……
Oh, congrads to the Post Oak School …. I was wondering if they are planning to take down the old wood-framed house between their lot along Montrose and the older building. I can now only surmise that they will be.
I keep confusing Conroe’s “Grand Central Park” with the Energy Corridor’s “Central Park.” Let’s just put one in every neighborhood. . . .
hey WR – That cool old house next to POS has been long gone several months ago. Was sorry to see that piece of history go.
Thanks for the info …. am currently working until December in Thailand so I was not aware of the demolition. Sounds like I will have quite a few surprises waiting for me after my return to H-town.
the vacant lot is up on google street view