- Blackhaw Partners Considers Selling the 21 Homes of the Addicks Dam subdivision It Just Bought [Houston Business Journal]
- Construction Starts on Millennium Kirby Apartment Complex at Kirby and South Main [Houston Chronicle ($); previously on Swamplot]
- iFLY Breaks Ground on Indoor Skydiving Facility on the I-45 Corridor in Oak Ridge North [Houston Chronicle]
- University of Houston’s Sugar Land Campus Catching Up with Changes to the Area, To Become a Full Branch This Year [Houston Chronicle ($)]
- The 77494, including Cinco Ranch and Grand Lakes, Had Highest Number of Households Moving to It in May Nationwide, Finds Welcomemat Services [Houston Business Journal]
- Grocery Stores in the Works for Food Deserts in South, North Houston [MyFoxHouston]
- The Legal Battle Over Groundwater Contamination at the former River Oaks Cleaners Spot in Melcher Crossing [Hair Balls; previously on Swamplot]
- Seeding Galveston Aims To Create Urban Farms in Vacant Lots Across City [Galveston County Daily News ($)]
- Galveston’s Seaweed Invasion Shows Signs of Slowing Down [Click2Houston]
- Fate of Endangered Kemp’s Ridley Turtle in Question with Low Number of Nests Laid on the Gulf Coast So Far [Houston Chronicle]
- An Attempt To Set the Record Straight About the Near Northside [Free Press Houston; previously on Swamplot]
- Connecticut Hoarder Dies After Overburdened Floor Collapses [Cheshire Citizen]
Photo of Hwy. 59 BBQ: Swamplot inbox
Food desert? *rolling eyes* Some folks think they’re entitled to a grocery store right down the street.
That’s BS there is an HEB and a Fiesta within 2 miles of the new south side grocery store. The true “food desert” is up in the Third Ward, well north of MacGregor. Of course, Boykins has his smiling mug all over it anyway.
If he really gave a shit, he’d allow them to build a grocery store on the site of the Southmore post office.