Demo artist Dan Havel sends in positive and negative preview photos of Give & Take, a sculpture he and partner Dean Ruck carved and carefully extracted from a dilapidated bungalow on West Cottage St. in East Norhill. The 30-foot-long egg-shaped piece they removed will be on display as part of a group show at the Contemporary Arts Museum featuring Houston-related work by various Houston artists. The exhibit, called No Zoning, opens this Friday.
So what’s the take?
Or is that the give?
- No Zoning: Artists Engage Houston [CAMH]
- Inversion creators are back for more [Houston Chronicle]
- CAMH’s No Zoning touts city’s ‘art permeability’ [Arts in Houston]
- Before the wrecking ball, transformation [Houston Chronicle]
- Does Your Home Belong in a Museum? [Swamplot]