- M.D. Anderson Purchases 35 Acres Along I-10 Between Eldridge, Texas 6 for ‘Comprehensive Campus’ [Houston Chronicle ($)]
- UTMB Preparing $90M Expansion of Its Victory Lakes Facilities [Galveston County Daily News ($)]
- November Building Contracts Up More than 30% from Same Time Last Year, Finds McGraw-Hill Report [KUHF]
- Blacksmith Coffee Bar Shooting for New Year’s Day Opening in Former Mary’s Spot on Westheimer [Culturemap; previously on Swamplot]
- Calliope’s Po-Boy Renamed the Cajun Stop, Expanding Next Door to East Downtown Restaurant for Party Space [Eating Our Words]
- UPDATE: The Davenport in Shepherd Plaza Not Closed, Just Incommunicado for a While [Eating Our Words]
- Traffic Montrose Area’s Biggest Concern for 2013, Thanks to New Apartments, Buffalo Bayou Developments, New Yale St. Walmart, Says Neartown Association [Ultimate Heights News]
- Metro Senior VP Tom Lambert Filling in as Interim CEO [KUHF]
- Texas Top State for Relocation 8 Times Running, Finds Allied Van Lines Magnet States Study [Houston Business Journal]
- Houston, Texas On Pace for Warmest Years On Record [SciGuy]
- NASA Fielding Hundreds of Calls from People Worried About the End of the World [Houston Chronicle]
Photo of Memorial Hermann Medical Plaza: Russell Hancock via Swamplot Flickr Pool
So, The Davenport is no more. Kind of amazing that Shepherd Square went from fully leased and hopping to nothing in the course of a decade. Maybe the owner need to hire a better leasing/marketing firm.
Shadyheightster, the area seems to have potential but there’s something lacking… I think it just feels unsafe to be around there.
The Davenport didn’t close. That was an error.
Yes, pretty detailed retraction in the Houston Press on the Davenport closing story. Apparently everyone’s martini is safe.