- 1700 West Loop South To Be Renamed Burns & McDonnell Plaza [Houston Chronicle ($)]
- Grand Texas Theme Park Neighbors Fear Loss of Quiet Country Life [Culturemap; previously on Swamplot]
- Bridgewood Property Planning River Oaks Retirement Community [Prime Property; previously on Swamplot]
- Houston’s Fake Space Shuttle To Be Called Independence After Contest Drew 10K Suggestions [abc13]
- Menil Billboard in Dupree Park Provokes a Copycat Billboard Response [Glasstire]
Photo: Bill Barfield via Swamplot Flickr Pool
Seems like if you have the money to live in River Oaks, you’d have a staff of caregivers and never have to leave your house in your Golden Years, that’s kinda the point of being rich. Having said that I’m sure this will be a success, but most of its occupants probably won’t actually come from River Oaks.
I have several senior adult friends who had staff but still got tired of rattling around in a big RO house with seldom used rooms and extensive landscaping. They found that downsizing to a nice apartment or smaller house was actually a liberating experience.
@Artfox.. Can I have their big ole empty house and extensive gardens, (oh and the staff and gardener too). I live in a bungalow and would love the added space!