- Stream Realty Partners Buying Land in Copperfield, Cinco Ranch To Develop High-End Senior Apartment Complexes [Houston Chronicle]
- Rise Communities’ Marvel Community Meridiana To Feature Educational Campus with Schools, Learning Labs, Football Stadium [HBJ]
- Judge Orders Long-Troubled Crestmont Village Apartments To Close By Oct. 30 [Houston Chronicle]
- Star Cinema Grill To Build Fifth Houston-Area Dine-In Theater in Cypress’s Miramesa Town Center [HBJ]
- Hobby Airport’s New $156M International Terminal Set To Open in a Few Days [Click2Houston]
- Truck Accidents on Texas Rural Roads More Frequent, Severe Due to Traffic from Oil Well Development, Finds Texas A&M [The Highwayman]
- Uptown Houston To Be Honored as an ‘Exceptional Patron of Architecture and Urban Design’ by Rice Design Alliance [Prime Property]
Photo: Russell Hancock via Swamplot Flickr Pool
Re: Rise Communities Meridiana development
Demographic of the Alvin ISD student population:
“The district’s ethnic composition is 44% Hispanic, 29.4% White, 15.6% African American, 8.6% Asian and 2.4% other.”*
Demographic of the Meridiana renderings:
0% Hispanic, 100% White, 0% African American, 0% Asian and 0% other.
I was at the Meridiana VIP event when RISE unveiled all this. The client I brought was SO excited she leaned over to me midway through and whispered “My inner nerd is flipping out. You have to get me a house here.” If they deliver on everything promised it will be a HUGE draw. They’re hitting on all the buyer triggers with educational opportunities for kids and amenities for pets (their “Ambassador” is a super cute golden retriever named Soleil).
Is summer over yet? I swear I saw some kids back in school :(