- Sylvester Turner Beats Bill King in Runoff Contest To Become Houston’s Next Mayor [Houston Chronicle; previously on Swamplot]
- Ardenwood Group Buys 7207 Regency Square Office Building in Southwest Houston [Realty News Report]
- Texas A&M University at Galveston Breaks Ground on $46M Academic Complex [Galveston County Daily News ($)]
- Manzel Contemporary Homes Plans To Redevelop 1960s-Era Apartments at 2508 Southmore Blvd. into Condominiums [HBJ]
- Building Homes in Houston When Oil is at $35 a Barrel [Realty News Report]
- Good Dog Houston Opening Second Location in Former Brick & Spoon/Bocados Space on West Alabama [Culturemap]
- Biskit Junkie Closes Original Oak Forest Location as Montrose Spot Set To Open on Westheimer Next Month [Culturemap]
- David Shelton Moving Gallery to 4411 Montrose in Downstairs Spot Previously Occupied by Wade Wilson Art [Glasstire]
- Austin-Based Black Swan Yoga, JuiceLand Expanding To Houston in January with Shared Location at 3210 White Oak Dr. [HBJ]
- Memorial from Kirkwood to Eldridge To Have 4 Lanes, More Traffic Lights, Improved Curbs and Sidewalks, Bike Lanes After $39M Upgrade [Houston Chronicle]
- Jury Awards West University Couple $5.4M in Foreclosure Fraud Case Against Wells Fargo and Carrington Mortgage Services [Houston Chronicle]
- The 5 Best Houston-Area Neighborhoods for Holiday Light Displays, According to Redfin [Culturemap]
Photo of Hermann Park: Marc Longoria via Swamplot Flickr Pool
Imagining an additional seven traffic signals in a 2.1 mile stretch of Memorial Drive between Kirkwood and Eldridge. I think there are four now so that will be eleven total not counting the lights at either end. Please just let them be carefully synchronized.
If Manzel can offer similar prices in the $160k range for the Norfolk condos, that’d be a really good deal. You don’t see many updated places for sale inside the Loop going for that price. They should keep that up!
Funny thing — I’ve viewed that stretch of Memorial Drive as being just fine and pothole-free in comparison to other roadways in west Houston. I’ll cross my fingers and toes hoping that the redesign and construction process doesn’t kill the mix of businesses in this relatively walkable oasis (by Energy Corridor standards). It would be a shame if the Bicycle World store doesn’t survive to see bike lanes outside its own doors.
The next mayor has a tough road ahead of them. Pensions and a bad economy.
I noticed that you can make a comment on the sponsors. That could be a sticky situation for Swamplot
Lights are currently at Kirkwood, Bateswood, Clear Springs, Tully, Dairy Ashford, Nottingham Oaks, & Eldridge. Where will they add lights? Covering the ditches will be nice. Didn’t know this area needed a $39 million upgrade though….
Let’s hope that soon-to-be Mayor Turner doesn’t just fix potholes, but rather roads. So much money has been wasted on potholes that re-appear after a few weeks/months.
Is Shelia Jackson Lee in every major photo op.? I mean it is like she got elected mayor. She is in so many pictures of anything halfway major that at one point a swore someone had to be photoshopping her into the pictures.
I love the idea of refurbishing older apt complexes. I would be very interested in the 150k condo.
For real, Rex. She’s a political photo bomber for sure…… Can’t believe that woman holds any level of power…..
OK for crying out loud… does anyone have links to or know where to get info on the Contempo Condo development? Can’t find anthing online, in mls, googling etc. Seriously, I have clients who would be all over this.. need to get the info for them.