- Nearly 500 Woodlands Residents Suing Developers, Engineering Firm Over Harvey Flooding in Timarron Park [Houston Chronicle]
- H-E-B Anchored Tanglewood Court in the Galleria Submarket Sold [CoStar Group]
- H-E-B Snack Plant To Open By Mid-2019 in Northwest Houston [HBJ]
- Master-Planned Community Meridiana off 288 Opens New Section [HBJ ($)]
- Construction Begins on $962M Project To Widen Sam Houston Tollway Bridge [Houston Public Media]
- Restaurant and Bar Bungalow Heights Now Open in Shady Acres [Eater Houston; previously on Swamplot]
- The Woodlands’ Market Street To Start Renovations This Month [Community Impact Newspaper]
- Texas Getting $23.3M from Federal Transit Administration for Harvey Relief [HBJ]
- La Marque Considering New Rental Ordinance [Galveston County Daily News ($)]
- One Breath Partnership Urges Abbott To Better Protect Texans from Air Pollution During Major Storms [Houston Chronicle]
- Bellaire is the Wealthiest Suburb in Texas, According to 24/7 Wall St. [HBJ]
Photo: Russell Hancock via Swamplot Flickr Pool
Another great example of wasting taxpayer money. Yes, there should be another bridge, but why take down the current one which has a significant lifespan remaining. …. just erect a new, parallel span to handle the additional traffic and when the original span’s lifetime is nearing it’s end THEN erect the second suspension bridge. The dredging “issue” is a lot of BS when you consider the hundreds of millions being wasted, but I guess there is nothing more “rewarding” than wasting our taxpayer money
All of the govt entities that work with tax dollars have the view that they are using FREE money. It costs them nothing. They are handed a pile of money and are charged with spending it.. There is no incentive to use it wisely. In fact, the usual idea is that if you do not use all that you have available you will not get as much the next time. It is truly perverse.
Bellaire wealthier than Highland Park?????? Please. Highland Park makes Bellaire look like Soweto
Nearly $1G for a new bridge??? Incredible how expensive it is.