The white woodframe church that until recently stood with a collection of small buildings including the Barker General Store on the main, retracted campus of the Marks LH7 Ranch at 1010 Barker Clodine Rd. has been spotted nearby, fleeing encroaching apartment development along the far east end of Kingsland Blvd. at the northwest corner of George Bush Park. The church hasn’t traveled far: It’s arrived on the grounds of the neighboring Iglesia Sobre La Roca, aka Church on the Rock, at 433 S. Barker Cypress Rd. in Katy — just a quarter-mile to the north.
Here’s a photo of the church building as it was picked up from its previous home at 1010 Barker Clodine Rd., beyond the street-facing plaque that explains the remains of Houston’s last ranch:
- Church on Barker-Clodine Getting Moved [Cycling Space City]
- Moviendo La Capilla 2015 [Iglesia Sobre La Roca Katy]
- Little White Church [Eastgate Ministries]
- Previously on Swamplot: Dirt Roundup at Houston’s Last Ranch; A Ranch-Themed Development for Houston’s Last Ranch?