- Everest Medical Properties Group Buys $58M Medical Office Portfolio in Southwest Houston [Houston Chronicle]
- Transwestern: Houston Healthcare Market Positioned Well for Long-Term Growth [Realty News Report]
- Large-Acreage Land Deals Making a Comeback in Houston Amid Oil Recovery [HBJ ($)]
- Galveston Facing Construction Workforce Shortage as Homes and Building Rise [Galveston County Daily News ($)]
- Rental Households in Suburban Houston Grew 13% from 2011 to 2015, Finds RentCafe Study [Houston Public Media]
- Américas Chef Michael Cordúa’s Memorial-Area Home on the Market for $2.89M [abc13; previously on Swamplot]
- Breastaurant Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery Opening June 19 at Pinnacle Park [Galveston County Daily News ($)]
- Fake Facebook Protest Announcement Ostensibly Calling for Sam Houston Statue Removal Spurs Actual Armed Counter Protest at Hermann Park [Houston Chronicle; more here]
- Development of Eastern Glades Now Underway as Part of Memorial Park Master Plan [The Leader]
- 5 Kingwood Sidewalks Getting Repaired or Replaced Through Safe Sidewalk Program [Community Impact Newspaper]
- The Hunt for Factors To Predict Houston’s Most Dangerous Intersections [The Urban Edge]
- Lake Conroe Resident Sues Homeowners Association for ‘Continuous Sinkhole’ Near Her Home [The Courier]
Photo: Bill Barfield via Swamplot Flickr Pool
Re: Sam Houston Statue Removal Protestors
They look like a nice bunch of people. Wonder their thoughts on Black Lives Matter, Muslims, and Illegals.
Ah, fake news. It’s only hilarious because I wasn’t there trying to enjoy the park with my toddler this past wknd. The last thing i want my family to be around is a bunch of publicly educated folks carrying high powered rifles.
We ran into a couple of those chuckle heads on Saturday afternoon at the Children’s Museum. (That is, I infer they were part of the protest from their t-shirts which read in part ‘I’m the indifel Allah warned you about.’) They seemed very out of context in that scene and were a bit rowdy but were otherwise innocuous without their firearms on display.
The Sam Houston Statue story was Troll Level 1,000.
A hat tip to the masters.
My sister and I showed up at the statue to troll the trolls – hilarity ensued!
Once again dump HBJ for their bullshit trawlers to try and get subscribers.
It stands to reason that rentals are rising in the suburbs. Millenials are having kids, but they aren’t in a position to buy their first homes yet. So they rent in the suburbs to be close to the better schools. Meanwhile, there is a garden industry of investors snapping up starter homes and renting them out.
I didn’t see that the Public Radio study broke out the numbers that way, but I’ll bet that most of the suburban renters are in single family rent houses; not in apartment complexes.
More than that, I wonder if there won’t be a suburban rental correction soon. It’s anecdotal at best but there is a rent house next door to us in Sugar Land, that has been vacant for almost a year now. It’s a big house zoned to the right schools and the rent isn’t ridiculous. I can’t figure out why it’s sat so long.
Re:Memorial Park. Nothing improves greenspace like running a road through it and paving a parking lot.