- Taylor Morrison Acquires 107 Acres To Expand the Avalon at Riverstone Community [Realty News Report]
- San Francisco-Based Prologis To Increase Houston Portfolio with Acquisition of Denver-Based DCT Industrial Trust [Houston Chronicle]
- 3737 Buffalo Speedway in Greenway Plaza Area Refinanced [HBJ]
- Tranquility Development Group Entity Under Contract To Buy Unique Montrose Residential Property [Houston Chronicle ($)]
- Mayor Turner, City Council Defend Meritage Homes’ Spring Brook Village Subdivision [Houston Public Media; previously on Swamplot]
- Slideshow: Satellite Images Show Houston Before and After Harvey [Houston Chronicle]
- The Woodlands Loses Restaurants Bonefish Grill, Culver’s [Houston Chronicle]
- Developer Claims City Still Owes It Money for Improvements to Hitchcock Community Harborwalk [Galveston County Daily News ($)]
- City Christens Connection Between White Oak Bayou Greenway and Buffalo Bayou Trails [Culturemap; Houston’s Bayou Biking Connector Is Now Complete]
- Houston Ranked Among the Top 10 U.S. Cities for Mortgage Loan Denials in Lending Tree Study [Houston Public Media]
Photo of Graustark St. bridge over 59, Castle Court, Montrose: Bill Barfield via Swamplot Flickr Pool
You guys, L’Encore is being torn down! Read the fourth story. Because we need more townhouses and less whimsy.
Oh how short our memory is. I think Texas should amend the real-estate code so that you must sign a paper saying that you realize you home is in the flood plain and may be inundated by natural and non-natural water flows and you that you accept all these risks voluntarily. Once you each subsequent home owner have to sign this piece of paper, I think the free market will take care of itself. My worry is these homes flood and the home owner’s will say “it’s never flooded before” and “no one told me it was in the flood plain”.
Mayor and council seem very touchy about geting called out as complicit in the routine devastation occuring in a major city. Maybe they can use the Nuremberg defense in upcoming corruption trials?