- Whole Foods 365 Store in Garden Oaks Pushes Back Opening to 2018 [HBJ; previously on Swamplot]
- WeWork Signs Lease for About 86,000 SF of Co-Working Space at The Jones on Main Downtown [HBJ; previously on Swamplot]
- Re/Max Inner Loop Opening a Location in the Heights [Houston Chronicle]
- Hundreds Attend Third Ward Event Aimed at Increasing African-American Home Ownership [Houston Chronicle ($)]
- Justin Yu and Bobby Heugel’s Better Luck Tomorrow Quietly Opens in the Heights [Eater Houston; previously on Swamplot]
- City Reinstalls Damaged Freedmen’s Town Bricks in the Fourth Ward [abc13; previously on Swamplot]
- The Future of Houston Traffic: How TxDOT’s I-45 Project Will Change Commuting Downtown [abc13; previously on Swamplot]
Photo: Russell Hancock via Swamplot Flickr Pool
We need to make mortgages much easier to get, loosen up a little, for cryin’ out loud. What could possibly go wrong?
Shouldnt the home ownership program be focused on income levels and not by race? Or is it the politicians want the “right” type of low income people?
Houston Black Real Estate Association = racist