- Faulty Electrical Outlet Sparks Fire at Presidio on 11th St., Forcing Closure [CultureMap]
- Japanese Cream Puff Chain Beard Papa’s Signs Up for Under-Construction Bellaire Food Street Complex [Eater Houston]
- MFAH Wraps Up Work on Its Sarah Campbell Blaffer Foundation Center for Conservation, Designed by Lake Flato and Built Atop Fannin St. Parking Garage [HBJ]
- Half of the 12-Acre Lagoon Planned for Private Texas City Community Could Be Kept Open to the Public [HBJ ($); previously on Swamplot]
- Early Eastwood Home at 4620 McKinney St. Hits the Market for $825K [Houston Chronicle]
- Johnson Space Center Hosts Open House Celebrating NASA’s 60th Anniversary [Houston Chronicle]
- Antone’s Famous Po’ Boys Will Overnight Sandwiches to Austin Nightclub from Production Facility Near 610 and I-10 [HBJ]
- Barker Flood Prevention Group Gives Proposed ‘Super Tunnel’ a Hopeful Thumbs-Up [Houston Chronicle; previously on Swamplot]
Photo of container home under construction on McGowen St. between Hutchins and St. Emanuel streets: Russell Hancock via Swamplot Flickr Pool
A super-tunnel underneath the Katy Freeway? So I-10 will be renovated yet again? I’m all for it – traffic is a mess…
If a proposal like this would go through, it would use tunnel boring machines.
The template is the SMART facility in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This project use a toll road in the tunnel to offset the cost. When the tunnel is opened for flood waters the road is closed to traffic.
@anon22- the cheapo powers that be @ the county and city will NEVER go for something like this. Bring in the Dutch- they KNOW about dealing with subsidence and flooding !!!