- Section of Downtown Tunnel Below Former Houston Club Building Closing for 2 Years Starting in May [Houston Chronicle; previously on Swamplot]
- Two Shell Plaza To Get New Look, New Entrance and New Address; Will be Renamed 811 Louisiana [Houston Business Journal]
- Lack of ‘Class A’ Office Space Rentals Will Push Owners, Tenants To Invest in ‘Class B’ Properties, Say Experts [Houston Business Journal]
- What Townhouses Mean to Houston [Not of it]
- Walmart Closing Its Lone Más Club Store, at 8711 North Fwy., on February 7 [Houston Chronicle]
- Washington Ave Drinkery Transforming into the Heights Lodge Gastropub [Culturemap]
- Hearing-impaired Renters Face Discrimination in Apartment Searches, Finds Investigation [Houston Chronicle]
Photo of the Rosemont Bridge: elnina via Swamplot Flickr Pool
I hope they’re right about Class B office spade coming back into demand as companies are priced out of Class A. My finger is by no means on the pulse of Houston’s commercial real estate scene, but from what I can see we have high office vacancy rates on the Southwest Freeway. Which is a shame, because it’s got easy access to pretty much everywhere.
That Two Shell Plaza remodel looks rather hideous. Hines just really doesn’t care about good architecture anymore.
Ermmmmagherrd a gastroperb!