- New York Company Converting 17-Story 1960s-Era River Oaks Luxury Apartments Building at 3435 Westheimer into Condos [Houston Chronicle]
- Toll Brothers’ 3,700-Acre Addition to Sienna Plantation To Feature 500 Homes with Models Opening in March 2015 [Prime Property]
- Katy Cane Island Development To Feature Dog Ambassador, Bellagio-Like Conservatory [Houston Business Journal]
- Influx of International Buyers Is Changing Work of Houston Real Estate Professionals [Houston Business Journal]
- Ka Sushi To Join Fat Cat Creamery, Smoothie King, Forthcoming Hugs & Donuts in 19th St. Retail Center Next March [Eater Houston]
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service To Rescue Manatee Stranded in Canal Near NRG Cedar Bayou Power Plant Today [Houston Business Journal]
- Houston-Area Residents in 77032 Live in the Eighth Most Stressed-Out Zip Code in the Nation, According to Movoto [Culturemap]
- Why Galveston and Houston Still Have No Major Projects Under Way To Protect from Surging Seas 6 Years After Ike [Reuters]
- Former Dallas Mayor Ron Kirk Joins Dallas-Houston High-Speed Rail Team at Texas Central Railway [Dallas Morning News]
Photo of TDECU Stadium: Russell Hancock via Swamplot Flickr Pool
Has anybody else noticed the littel Snoopy dog house on top of that Westheimer apartment building? I’ve always thought that was silly-looking.
Cane Island is getting a Dog Ambassador? In Bridgeland we just have that lame-O duck, Bridgeland Bill. Our mascot *should* be Marvin the MUD Tax.
Saving a stranded manatee near Trinity Bay; Sushi for The Heights. Mmmm, I’ve never had manatee sushi before.
Yeah…I saw that bit on Cane Island and had the same thought cross through my head. What kind of consumer responds to a dog ambassador or a Bellagio-like conservatory or a performance-capable marketing trailer or an ambassador suite? Don’t they know that they’re paying for every bit of the gimmickry? (That’s a rhetorical question, BTW. I already know the answer. And Cane Island is hardly the worst offender.)