- Median Single-Family Home Price Up to $226,200 in February, Finds HAR [Houston Chronicle]
- Finn Hall Vendors To Include Goode Co. Taqueria, Low Tide, Mr. Nice Pie, and Dish Society [Culturemap]
- Toys R Us To Sell or Close All U.S. Stores [USA Today]
- Fort Bend County Reports Harvey Destroyed or Damaged 6,800 Homes [Houston Public Media]
- Harvey Repair Will Likely Delay Work on Capital Improvement Projects for Streets, Libraries, Other Facilities [Houston Chronicle]
- Who Will Benefit from Houston’s Proposed New Floodplain Regulations? [Houston Chronicle]
- Houston Housing Department Increases Staff To Support Recovery Efforts [Houston Public Media]
Photo of Mattress Firm corral at RodeoHouston: Swamplot inbox
Re: Toys R Us Closing All U.S. Stores
Not for nothing but the Toys R Us location inside the Loop at Kirby and Old Spanish Trail would be prime for a developer to acquire and build something new. There’s a mid-rise hotel (Residence Inn) going up at Kirby and Main and they shoehorned that into a smaller lot than the Toys R Us property.
@Wolf Brand Chili: Exactly! Wonder what’s going to happen with the land on Westheimer near Fountainview. It is sad that 4,000 people will loose their jobs.
HEB is better than Kroger:
Those 4k people can all move to W Virginia, and snag those all of those
new coal mining jobs