- E Contractors Breaks Ground on 2-Story Office Building in Sugar Land [Houston Chronicle]
- Weingarten Realty Investors Sells Off Broadway Shopping Center in Galveston [Houston Chronicle]
- Island Grill To Open in Coming Weeks in Former Little Liberty Space in Rice Village [Eater Houston; previously on Swamplot]
- Dallas-Based Snappy Salads Preparing To Enter Houston Market Next Month on Fountain View [Houston Chronicle]
- Roostar Vietnamese Grill Opens Second Houston Location with Spot in the Uptown/Galleria Area [Houston Press; previously on Swamplot]
- Massive Fire Destroys Long-Running Charlie’s BBQ in North Harris County [Click2Houston]
- Houston-Based Ignite Restaurant Group Said To be Filing for Bankruptcy [Bloomberg]
- 610 Loop Between I-10 and Southwest Freeway the Most Congested Stretch in Texas [KHOU]
- Galveston Residents To Vote Saturday on Bond Issue for Road and Drainage Improvements [Houston Public Media]
- American National Insurance Building in Galveston Kills 395 Migratory Warblers, Orioles [KHOU]
Photo of Hobby Family Pavilion: BOldbury via Swamplot Flickr Pool
If the building don’t hit….. You must acquit.
Re: West Loop congestion
Caused by multiple problems, including the way the roads are all pinched off at Buffalo Bayou. From Kirby/Shepherd going westward, the next bayou crossing is 610. From there, the next crossing is Chimney Rock. That’s almost 5 miles in the urban core with only 3 crossing points. Most of the other bayous are much more frequently spanned in the same distance.
Uh, how ’bout ” a bunch of stupid birds didn’t go around a building”. Even birds fall into today’s victim culture.
Loop 610 isn’t so congested that it stops the motorcycles at night. 20 minute club, I think they’re informally called.
@Gisgo…20 minute club, I think they’re informally called.
Ha. Nice “Blackadder’ reference.
Re: 395 birds killed by “Menace 2 Society” American National Insurance building
The Darwin award for dumb birds goes….to dumb birds.
Re 610: “this just in — Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.”
Re 610 “express” Lanes: “So, that will give folks a bypass, to bypass the Galleria area,” said Perez.
How’d that work out for Austin? Plus, the entrances to said express Lanes will experience the same fun that happens at the spur 527/59 split guaranteed…