- Hines Planning To Buy Parcel at Corner of Waugh and D’Amico Near Buffalo Bayou [Houston Chronicle]
- Park Towers and Edwards Greenway Cinema To Be Sold in Foreclosure Auction [CoStar Group]
- H-E-B-Anchored Center in Tanglewood Sold to Los Angeles Investor [HBJ ($)]
- JuiceWell Opening Second Houston Location at CityCentre This Summer [Houston Chronicle]
- Briargrove Italian Restaurant La Vista Relocates to Lazybrook, Adds ‘101’ to Its Name [HBJ]
- Hobby Center Restaurant Artista Has Closed To Make Way for New Concept [HBJ]
- Recovery, Risk Reduction Projects Included in Harris County’s Flood Bond Program Add Up to $2.5B [Houston Public Media]
- Upwards of 80,000 Bees Removed from House off West Orem Near Hiram Clark [abc13]
Photo of the Astrodome’s new historical marker: Russell Hancock via Swamplot Flickr Pool
Re: Total Price Tag of Harris County Flood Bonds ($2,500,000,000)
Man, that is a lot of money. Billions with a “b”.
J.J. Watt would have to do his Hurricane Harvey fundraising 68 more times to get more than what our elected officials want to blow out – in one election. And, no guarantee that the County is going to spend it wisely.
Hold on! If dollars were seconds this would be 78 years and 4 months of saying “1-mississippi, 2-mississippi…” with no breaks. A lifetime of seconds.
Is that bond number about $1000 for every man, woman and child in the city?