A reader writes in to share the exciting news that one of those Northgate Custom Homes townhouses on Heights Blvd. that’s snuggled up next to the train tracks and just behind the recycling center on Center St. is now listed as “option pending” on MLS. Readers chose the complex as the city’s Best Vacancy in the Swamplot Awards for Houston Real Estate just a few months ago. Is someone buying right next to the tracks?
Well, not exactly. 114 Heights Blvd. Unit B, priced at $309,000, is the one that’s now listed as option pending. It’s shielded from those noisy trains by the full 20-or-so-ft. width of the adjacent townhome, Unit A. And here’s the featured view from one of its balconies:
The unit featured more prominently in the video — and previously on Swamplot — is Unit M, fronting both the tracks and Heights Blvd. (behind a fence). Our reader shouts words of encouragement:
Looks like there are only 3 other units left. Better get in now before they are all sold!
Oh, they could probably drum up a couple more than just the 3 currently listed on HAR. HCAD still lists Villas on Heights LP as the owner of all but 2 of the 7 built townhomes in the development — and the land to build 6 more!
- 114-B Heights Blvd. and 114-M Heights Blvd. [HAR]
- Villas at the Heights [Northgate Custom Homes]
- Great Townhome. Cheeep! [Vimeo]
- The Swamplot Awards for Houston Real Estate, 2009: The Winners! [Swamplot]
- Previously on Swamplot: Track-Side Townhomes for Less: Heights Blvd. Railroad Perches Now Even Cheaper!, Inside That Track-side Townhouse, and Three-Story Townhome, Great View, Close to Transportation
Video: Dave McC