- NAI Partners Picks Up Royal Montreal Plaza Shopping Center in Katy [Houston Chronicle]
- 224-Unit Venue Museum District Apartments Sold for $72.9M [Realty News Report]
- Tarantino Properties Acquires Ascension on the Bayou in the Memorial Area [Houston Chronicle]
- UH Approves $100M Budget for Main Campus Renovations [HBJ ($)]
- Former Mattress Warehouse on Center Street Being Converted into a Coworking Space [Houston Chronicle]
- Houstonian Hotel To Add New Restaurant Tribute in October As Part of $3M Renovation [Eater Houston]
- Downtown Tiki Bar Kanaloa Set To Open Next Week [Eater Houston; previously on Swamplot]
- Chick’n Cone Opens First Texas Location in The Woodlands Today [Eater Houston]
- Owners Could Embrace Co-Working To Secure Small or Short Leases in a Tenant’s Market [Bisnow]
- Where Recovery Efforts Stand A Year After Harvey [The Texas Tribune]
- How ‘Heat Belt’ Cities Are Changing To Stay Livable [The Washington Post ($)]
Photo of NRG Stadium: Russell Hancock via Swamplot Flickr Pool
For open access details about the UH projects, go here- https://www.uh.edu/facilities-planning-construction/fpc-projects/spotlight/core-building-renovations/core-project-overview-_07-2018.pptx. Many construction fences have sprouted ’round campus.
Ahaha, right–$100M towards $71M of deferred maintenance. And what does $29M buy a school in this day and age? Better teachers, better students, better departments? Not likely. Maybe third of a parking garage? Now that’s more like it…
How much space do you need to ork a cow?