- Braun Enterprises Redeveloping 3 Buildings on West Gray and Dunlavy into 1 or 2 Restaurants, Retail [HBJ]
- Lone Star College Building a 8.3-Acre Process Technology Center in Generation Park [HBJ]
- Westcase District’s Campaign To Increase Occupancy Rates in Its Class B Office Space [Prime Property]
- Houston Neighborhoods That Are Hot, and Somewhat Hot, for Multifamily Development Amid the Oil Slump [HBJ]
- The Median Home Price in Texas Was $209,500 in June, Up from $193,400 a Year Earlier [Prime Property]
- Home Buyers in Harvest Green Community at West Airport and the Grand Pkwy. Can Elect To Get a Backyard Vegetable Garden [Prime Property]
- Mayor Parker Tweets That There Have Been 285 Tickets Issued on Downtown’s Protected Bike Lane Since Its Debut [The Highwayman]
- Oil Prices Hit a 4-Month Low Yesterday at $47.39 Per Barrel [Click2Houston]
Photo of Alexan Wilcrest at I-10 Frontage Rd. and N. Wilcrest Dr.: elnina via Swamplot Flickr Pool
Color me underwhelmed on that backyard vegetable garden thing.
I clicked the link with visions of irrigation, and soil moisture sensors, and a heavy duty bed.
In a world where you can spec stainless everything, granite everywhere, and all sorts of high end finishes, I’m shocked that they drop in what can’t be more than $100 in a crappy raised bed. Way to go 1/8 of the way on what was a great idea.
This is like saying that they will wire your house for ethernet, but when you see it, it’s a $20 5 port hub with only one drop punched through one wall. Very underwhelming.
I guess on the other hand, good effort, I can’t think of the last time (ever) that I heard of a home builder offering to put in a raised garden. I just would have expected a bit more, especially considering most homes drop in irrigation for the lawn, why not offer the same for a raised bed, even if it is just a cheap kit you can get at lowes/HD for super cheap?
So treated 2x’s creating a box to dump dirt is a selling point and worthy of a Chronicle article?
1- Sarnoff has no material
2-Another reason the Chronicle should go.
3-Builder’s cost-$300.00. Idiot buyer’s cost- $5000.00