- Hyatt House Houston Energy Corridor Changes Hands [Houston Chronicle]
- Hickory Hollow’s Heights Property Sold to Braun Restaurants, Restaurant To Close Next Year [Culturemap]
- Inside Houston’s First Whole Foods 365 Store, Opening Today in Independence Heights [HBJ]
- Ninfa’s on Navigation To Open Blvd Place Location Next Year [HBJ]
- Mama Ninfa’s Tacos y Tortas Signs Up for Downtown Tunnel Food Hall Understory [Eater Houston]
- Metro’s New Bi-Monthly Podcast One of the Few Produced by a Public Transit Agency [Houston Chronicle]
Photo of construction on Bay Colony, Dickinson: Russell Hancock via Swamplot Flickr Pool
Oh man, not Hickory Hollow too. Was our go to place for cheap CFS & baked potatoes.
The lack of inexpensive eateries was one of the reasons I recently decamped to another part of town. Great to have options, but we lost a lot of good places over the past 15yrs that can’t be replicated at similar price points.
Hickory Hollow hasn’t been in that location for all of the 31 years. For a brief time in the late 1980s, they were at 216 Heights, on the other side of the street, down by the bayou where there is now a townhouse farm.
I am sad to hear that the inner-loop branch of Hickory Hollow is closing. But, things change.
Nothing is permanent in this city except the decrepit Astrodome.
damn damn damn! I loved Hickory Hollow. Damn you braun. Do you have to buy everything?
(seriously though, that dude is beast mode and buys up everything. I’m jelly)